Monday 14 October 2013

Broken dreams / northern Stars

There times when I have beat myself up for messing up, hated the decisions I have made and just wished there was a reset button. Which would take me back to my comfort zone and times when I wouldn’t complain, times with beautiful memories. Then I think I would have had a chance to reverse all the decisions I label as wrong, and I would over do all the things I feel are the right decisions. You relate to that? Perfecto!
Yet Paul in Romans 8:23 says: All things Work together for the good of those that trust the Lord. Does this even work for the bad decisions we have made? Even the mistakes we have made?
So many times we toil and labor for things that are not ours and many times God is trying to point unto us the destination that he wants us to take, buh because we are focused on “the dreams” of this world, what the world labels as success we so many times fail to see Gods sign as to where we have to go. So God does use the wrong decisions, the mistakes to finally show us his grander plan.
 I love a song called  God bless the broken road: 
GOD BLESS THE BROKEN ROAD LYRICS
I set out on a narrow way, many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you


Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms

This much I know is true, that god bless the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I've spent, just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost, and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there, you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true that god bless the broken road
That led me straight to you

But know I'm just rolling home into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That god bless the broken road
That led me straight to you
So in short the song talks about how the broken roads and broken dream leads the writer straight to God. And many times in my life I have realized that the mistakes the broken dreams were really northern stars that were pointing me to every perfect gift that the Lord has given me.
So as I reflected on this topic:
Psalms 23:1- The Lord is my shepherd;…
Psalms 23:2b- He leadeth me beside the still waters.
The Lord being OUR SHEPERD LEADETH us beside the still waters. It means we may have dreams and aspirations that do not lead us unto the still waters. We may think the path we have taken leads us unto the still waters; But God knows that path won’t take us to the still waters. So He leads us. To lead is to Point, to give a Hint, or to indicate the best path that we ought to take to get to the still waters. In which case:  ‘the still waters’ is our destiny. It’s a place where we ought to be

I am thankful for all the mistakes I have made; they have set me on a path, which am fully convinced I would not have gotten to if those were not made. I thank God that as a good shepherd, he never tires to lead me to the still waters. Whatever happens he is faithful to his words and he shall lead me unto the place that he knows is set for me.

And I Pray that may you find the same comfort when things don’t go as planned. Your Sheperd the Lord will surely lead you to your still waters.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! God leadeth me to still waters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u are a wonder in the body of christ,i celebrate u, this is...encouraging,teaching, enlightening, edifying,...pick up ur own

    ReplyDelete