Wednesday 9 April 2014

Practice! Practice! Practice to Perfection

My little nephew is learning to write his numbers, the art of learning is really fascinating. This is so because you have to discover something you haven’t done before. After which you have you have to know it to the point that you can do it without difficulty.
So you see my nephew has a difficulty with getting his 3’s right.  So now he has to practice it, so every evening when we sit in the living room.. he will be writing his 3’s. Some are right, some are not. But I like how he keeps at it, he writes and writes and writes and am sure one of these days he will get the 3’s right.
 I recall that for me to know all I do know now,I had to go through the same process. Learn to write my numbers, from which I learnt to add, subtract and divide from which I was able to learn how to solve complex statistic, algebra, trigonometry and calculus. It all started with learning to write my 1’s to 10’s and then to hundreds, and to thousands and so on.
I realized that some things in life, you ought to learn. Some you will do them right some you will do them wrong, but the principle is simple: KEEP ON IT! Slow down, reflect, re-strategize, do it again! If the thing that you are not doing very well at, is a must do it right! Then keep at it, it may not be easy! Keep at it still. It may be difficult to get it right the first time, but that doesn’t mean you should NOT LEARN IT.
There is a need to realize that every learning process doesn’t start with bigger things, it actually start with the small things. The 1’s to 10’s,the A’s to Z’s,then from there you can learn to add or subtract. Or you can learn to make words and pronounce them. It’s not a one off thing. It’s a process you have to go through… learn bits by bits until you get to the complex stuff.
Learning is a process. You don’t learn if you give up, that is why at all cost you gotta keep trying that thing until you perfect it, until you learn it! If you need practice, go for it practice and practice until you master it and you actually know it. It is a thrilling experience to finally learn something.


So don’t quit, don’t give up! It may be difficult yes! But its still doe able and the is no one  who can do it better than you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment